Monday, April 6, 2009

Zoe's first Soccet game

Saturday was Zoe's first big girl soccer game! The day started out like a normal Saturday, with Zoe crawling into bed with us @ 7am. Nick had to work so I took tons of pictures for him. But Zoe's Oppa and Zam (My Dad and Stepmom) where there and she loved it!! We got in the shower and dress after Nick left for work. Zoe was exceptionally cooperative while getting dressed, I think she was super excited to get to wear her new uniform, which by the way was HUGE on her!! But she still rocked it! Around 8am Zoe and I had to run to the store to get drinks for the team, because I forgot to get them the night before... Ok so I didn't forget... I just procrastinated! On the way out the door, I went to check the digital recorder and realized it wasn't charged! NO CHARGE at all! So that got me all emotional (thank preggo hormones!) cause I promise to record it for Nick. Luckily one of our digital camera's has a video option... So I got some video! Well, back to the story... we got to the field and Zoe goes into CLINGY mode. So we have a little pep talk about how she is a big girl and this is just like practice and how I know she can do this and so on... She finally let's go of my leg and gets out on the field... Her team was soo cute! They all lined up and listened to the ref explain the rules and they all pointed to their goal. It was adoreable!
They played 3 on 3 without a goalie.
I'm so glad that at this age they don't keep score, because the other team schooled our girls... Don't get me wrong, our girls did great for their first game. But the other team was much more experienced at the art of playing soccer! I think Zoe likes it... Everytime the coach would switch the girls out and it wasn't Zoe's turn, Zoe would get upset and want to play more. She was so happy to play her first soccer game. My little #4! After the game was over, the parents made a tunnel for the girls to run through, Zoe passed out her drinks and got her snack. The coach gave the girls a little pep talk and high fives and they ended with a team yell of "Go Diamonds!"

We had brunch with Oppa and Zam afterwards and went home for a good, long, MUCH needed nap!!! and the best part... Zoe asked when she was going to play soccer next?! She likes it!!!

1 comment:

Meli Palmer said...

Oh my, those little ladies are too cute. Love it!