Monday, February 1, 2010

Resolution update

With one month into the year, I think I'm doing pretty good. Here's where I stand with my resolutions:

Update on My 10 for 2010:
1. Go on a date with my husband once a month, every month. ~~This didn't happen in January, because we have been STRAPPED financially, but we do have one planned for this Wednesday (dinner and grocery sopping, sooo romantic!!!) We have been talkng & laughing alot more, which we were sorta lacking. Even without a date night, I still feel like we are improving our relationship, which is a start right?!

2. Lose ALL of my baby weight, from Zoe and Ava!! 30 pounds need to be gone by 1/1/2011. ~~As I sit here eating my McDonalds chicken sandwich, I feel guilty about this one. However I only have 4 pounds to go till I'm at my pre-Ava weight. I know not much of a loss, but still a loss at that. We have been doing really good about eating at home and taking our lunches, rather than eating out. So here's to hoping the next 11 months are more productive in the weight loss department.

3. Spend one hour a day, everyday, without the TV on, doing something with my girls.~~ I decided that the hour before Nick comes home we would NOT turn on the tv and it's been working. This is usually the time I spend cooking, and still is but I have intigrated Zoe and Ava into my kitchen routine. Zoe colors at her desk and we chitchat about her day, while Ava is in her high chair squeeling and talking it up. Zoe also helps me with cooking and dishes every now and again. I know it's not dedicated time but it's a start and We are only a month into the year, it will get better.

4. Read 12 new books.~~ I must say that I never have been a BIG reader, but when I find a good book that really catches my attention, I can't put it down. My first book for the year was 'Dear John'. IT WAS GREAT, well atleast until the end anyways. I liked it alot. & plan on seeing the movie. I also really like Nicholas Sparks, he's a great author. So my next book is 'The Lucky One' by Nicholas Sparks. I just got it last night and plan on finishing it this month. I plan on making a trip to the library to get a few more, but we will see how that goes.

5. Cook a healthy new recipe at least once a week.~~This is one that I started out good on, but have sort of been slacking on lately. I think I'm doing pretty good to cook 5 out of 7 meals a week. We don't eat terrible and we are eating at home, which is great in my book. I tried a few new recipes and didn't like them AT ALL... I may just need to find a different way to cook our 'norms', ya know?

6. Find a church, become a member & have the girls dedicated.~~ I have made no progress on this one. I did find out that the Methodist church, I am interested in going to is officially open and I think we might go check it out soon, or atleast I will. (Cause if momma don't like it, we won't go)

7. Write a will. ~~This one scares me, I don't even want to think about it. No progress made.

8. Work towards my dream of becoming a teacher before I turn 30.~~I was going to start back to school in January, but due to times being tough, I decided I would wait until the summer to start back. I know, I know... Excuses, but I have to make sure all my ducks are in a row, ya know? Progress will be made soon.

9. Save $100 a month, just because.~~No money saved. But No money spent on anything but necessities and BILLS either. So I guess no progress made. :::le sigh:::

10. Update my blog weekly.~~I think I'm doing pretty darn good on this one. It's also the easiest one to do. Open computer and put thoughts into words. However, I am finding it hard to think of things to write about though? & does anyone really read this thing? I dunno.


Looking back on this month, It wasn't as productive as I thought. But you know what?! It's ok... My family is healthy and happy. I have two beautiful little girls that have two parents who love them & each other TERRIBLY and I think that's GREAT!!! I think 2010 is going to be as good as we make, and We are going to do our best to make it the best possible for us and the girls.

So here are my goals for this month:

1. Date with Hubby!!!

2. Lose 3lbs.

3. Read to Zoe and Ava every night before bed.

4. Go to Church

5. Talk to Nick about the Will situation.

and Of Course, blog!

Wish me luck!

Stefanie

No comments: