Friday, October 22, 2010

5 years. 60 months. 260 weeks. 1826 days. 43829 hours. 2,629,746 minutes.

There you were and there I was
Was it fate from above?
Either way I found just what I need... ~Joy Williams

Dear Zoe,
5 years ago today, you made me a mommy.  I remember when I was your age, I would dream of being a mommy.  I would hold my babydoll and dream of the love a mother and child share.  However, I never imagined a love like this, unconditional & whole-hearted and it all happened with just one breathe, your first breathe.
Zoe, 2 days old.
 You have brought great joy to me since the day you were born.  I love your spunky attitude and sassy walk.  You are so smart and very inquisitive.  You make me LAUGH, until I hurt. I love that you love to sing, no matter what song is on the radio.  (Sometimes, you don't even need a song.)  The nights when Daddy is not home and you ask to sleep in my bed are my favorite nights.  I love when you ask to pinky promise with me.  You ROCK as a big sister.  You appreciate a good bedtime book with cuddle time and girls night complete with 'paint nails'.  You toot, and toot well. You are a great daughter. You make me soo immensely happy.  You have taught me how to love unconditionally & whole heartedly.  You have taught me how to be a mommy, your mommy. 


Thank you for being my beautiful five year old.  Happy Birthday!

Love,
Mommy