Thursday, December 4, 2008

It's in the cards...

Last night, I decided to dig out my greeting cards and get my Christmas cards ready to send out. Well, when my Great Grandma passed away, I helped my Grandma sort through a HUGE box of greeting cards that Great Grandma had collected over the years. (which explains my liking to greeting cards, as I have my own collection) I found some cards that I really liked, and my Grandma let me take them home. I currently don't plan on using them, as I am keeping them since they were/are a part of my Great Grandma. I really miss her and think she was with me last night as I came across these two cards:
First Card: This card is kind of blurry, but it reads "We must become the change we want to see." - Gandhi.
Do you ever wish that certian aspects of life were different and wonder what needs to change? Well, I have been thinking about this for a while... and this card answers my question. The change needs to be within me. I must become the change I want to see.
Second Card: This card reads: "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that who soever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life" John 3:16.

Wow, now I'm going to cry. This was the first Bible verse Great Grandma ever taught me. I was young and at the time thought it was boring to sit with her and go over and over and over the same verse about a gazillion times!!! Now, I look back and appreciate that Great Grandma took the time to sit with me and teach me such an important verse. This will be the first verse Zoe will learn and I'm going to ask my Grandma to teach it to her. I strongly feel that Great Grandma was with me last night and gave me these cards for a reason.

Thank you Great Grandma for loving and caring for me, then and now. I love you.

Stefanie

No comments: