Monday, August 31, 2009

Library

This weekend I decided that Zoe needed to experience the local library and we needed to get a library card. So on saturday, after our stop at the donut shop we headed to the library to see what was going down. Zoe was in book heaven!!! She wanted to read every book on the shelf. It was really cool to watch her face light up when I told her to pick a book... We really didn't have any particular book in mind.. I just sort of guided her to books I thought she would like. She picked two books, Brave Charlotte and Beverly Billingsly takes the cake. I had to explain to her that we were borrowing the books and they didn't belong to us... and she said 'Oh, like when we rent movies and have to take them back'....she's so smart!!
Well, this week we are reading 'Brave Charlotte'. We are going to read it every night before bed and do a special craft project to go along with the book. Last night was the first night we read, she was sooo into it!!! She asked all kinds of crazy 3year old questions! It was great. Tonight we did our craft project. It was alot of fun! I traced all of our hands (Zoe, Nick and I) on black paper and cut them out... Then Zoe glued cotton on the palm of each hand and two googlie eyes on the thumbs... and when you turn the hand upside down it looks like sheep... Very Cute!!! Here's our project:


This is the finished product...Yes I realize I spelled Charlotte wrong... It's still cute though....


Zoe's little hand is Charlotte... She was so proud of herself!


These are mommy and daddy's big hands, we are the 'older sheep' in the book


This is our herd o sheep

and of course the artist had to sign our names on our project..Not bad for a 3 year old. I love her!!

Tomorrow is going to be another craft night, I will post when complete!!! I hope everyone is having a good week so far!

Stefanie

1 comment: