Thursday, October 9, 2008

Happy Birthday Bubba!!

Today, is my older brother, Thomas Jason's, birthday. He is 28 years old. As many of you know my brother is currently stationed in Iraq. He will be there until next year. This is the second birthday he has spent away from his family. So this blog is going to be dedicated to him.

Happy Birthday J!!!My Brother is one of the funniest, goofiest guys I have ever met. When we were little we were both involved in pee-wee football, well he played and I cheered. My Mom used to take us to eat at Monterrey's Little Mexico in downtown G.P. after every game, win or lose we ate Mexican!!! Anyways, one day my brother randomly said "Mom, can I have the bu-u-t-ter" (Think Paulie Shore) we all laughed until we cried that day. And to this day, My mom, brother and I will crack up laughing at the mention of 'bu-u-t-ter.' This is a picture of my brother and I at one of our pee wee games... How cute are we?!

My brother went in to the Marines, the week before the start of my Senior year in high school. This was supposed to be the best year of my life and it started out terribly. I don't think I have ever been soo sad. (yes, I admitted it!) I knew I would see him again, but he was leaving us. I remember my mom and I cried for weeks after he went off the bootcamp. We all flew out to Caliornia for his graduation. It was soo cool to see my brother again, but this time not as just my brother.... He was a Marine. He was an adult. He was my big brother. I was soo proud of him. This is a picture of him and I at this Marine gradutation in California, 1999.


My brother is in LOVE with Superman and has been since before I can remember. He used to fix his hair with a little curl in the front to look like Superman. I thought he just looked Goofy! He used to draw Superman and all the superheros on EVERYTHING!!! I think he had every Superman comic book that was ever made! My Brother is in the Army, has three beautiful little girls and a life of his own. We are both adults now, we both have our own lives, our own family's. These years are supposed to be the best years of our lives, but I'm sad. I miss my brother terribly. But I am very proud of him. It's weird how sooo many things can change and still be the same all at the same time. I pray for my brother every day. I wish him good health, strength and courage to get through all the trials he is facing while at war. We don't talk as much as we used to, but we are both very busy and with the time difference, he knows better to call me in the middle of the night!!!

Happy Birthday Bubba! I love you and miss you!

Always,

Stef

No comments: